Linux Systems Engineer (DevOps Engineer) – Cloud Operations – London
Linux Systems Engineer (DevOps Engineer) – World Class Cloud Services
Location: Central London
Salary: £45-65k (Depending on skills & experience) + stock options + benefits
Fantastic opportunity for a Linux Systems Engineer to join a global, market leading provider of Cloud services who are experiencing hyper growth.
As a Linux Systems Engineer you will work in a DevOps environment and be responsible for helping to maintain, develop and scale a globally distributed cloud platform that has millions of users, processing billions of requests per day, for a world class technology tech company that is led by a team of successful tech entrepreneurs (last company was acquired for $200million).
You will have autonomy and lots of opportunity to progress your career, develop your technical skills and implement the very latest Cloud based technology.
Linux Systems Engineer (DevOps Engineer) requirements:
Essential skills and experience:
- Min. 3 years of commercial experience as a Linux Systems Administrator or similar (e.g. DevOps Engineer, Systems Engineer etc).
- Strong experience with Linux systems (Red Hat / Ubuntu).
- Scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc).
- Experience in a real time environment.
- Experience automating processes, monitoring, rapid deployment and configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Nagios, Squid).
- Exposure to commercial Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Good communications and problem solving skills.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with “Big Data” technologies – e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Redis etc.
- Good academics – e.g. Computer Science or similar.
A fantastic opportunity for a Linux Systems Engineer (DevOps Engineer) to join a world class Tech company by experienced tech entrepreneurs with huge potential.
Keywords/SEO: Linux Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Linux Systems Administrator, Linux Systems Engineer, Linux Engineer, Cloud platforms, Ubuntu, Python, Ruby, AWS, London.