Software Engineer (Python) – Global Tech Leader – Berkshire
Software Engineer – (Python) – Global Technology Leader
Salary: £40-60k + Bonus & excellent training & benefits
A fantastic opportunity to join a market leading technology company as a Software Engineer in their Cloud team and work on a platform with millions of globally distributed end users.
Aa Software Engineer you will develop next generation services on their global Cloud platform that processes over 1 billion requests every day in a high profile industry.
Joining this highly talented team (genuinely world class) as a Software Engineer you will learn quickly and solve complex problems – a great way to develop your career – working on a distributed system at huge scale. The tech stack is open source and they hire software engineers based on Computer Science ability rather than ability in one particular language (hence software engineers who can code in either C++, Java or Python are all welcome – however writing Python will become your day job).
You will need to have a good degree level qualification in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Computer Science or another Scientific subject), good programming skills across (C++, Python or Java) and experience of Linux/UNIX platforms.
Software Engineer requirements
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Commercial experience as a Software Engineer.
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, complexity and other computer science fundamentals.
- Good experience with at least one programming language – the team codes in Python but hires software engineers who write in C++ or Java and are keen to learn Python.
- Understanding of internet level networking (TCP/IP etc).
- Good understanding of Linux / UNIX platforms (ideally Bash/Shell too).
- Strong academic background (i.e. Bachelors level in degree in relevant discipline: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics etc) or equivalent experience.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Fluent Python coding ability.
Please apply now for this opportunity to join one of the world’s leading Cloud engineering teams.
Keywords/SEO: Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Linux, UNIX, multi-threading, Server side, Cloud, Computer Science, Python, Java, Reading, Berkshire.