Linux Systems Engineer – Global Technology Leader – Berkshire
Linux Systems Engineer – Global Technology company
Salary: £40-60k + Bonus + Benefits
This is a great opportunity for a Linux Systems Engineer, who has commercial experience maintaining and developing commercial production systems, to join a world leading Cloud/SaaS provider in Reading.
Joining a team of world class engineers you will join the Research department and be responsible for building new systems, of production quality, for testing and release. You will need to have strong Linux experience and scripting skills in Python as well as a general enthusiasm about Open Source technology and, ideally, an interested in Web Security and Web Systems.
A superb opportunity to develop your career with a world class organisation.
Linux Systems Engineer requirements
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Commercial experience with Linux based systems – ideally CentOS or Redhat.
- Understanding of networking principles (TCP/IP).
- Understanding of email and web technologies.
- Experience writing Bash / Shell script.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet etc).
- Relevant degree – e.g. Computer Science or similar.
- Experience with databases (MySQL).
- Scripting experience with Perl.
- Industry certification (e.g. Cisco, Red Hat etc.).
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Keywords/SEO: Linux Systems Administration, Linux Systems Administrator, Linux Engineer, Linux Engineer, Systems Engineer, Systems Engineer, Linux, Bash, Reading, Berkshire.